†è¢h båbblè

My daily dose of rant & whine !

Accelerated-KNOPPIX

Yesterday I downloaded the ISO image file of Accelerated Knoppix ver 1.0.As the name suggests,its a clone of the popular & useful Knoppix Live CD but which is faster in booting. i.e the time taken from the boot: prompt to the GUI is highly optimised.

I decided to give it a shot today.On my laptop the LiveCD upon booting of the optical drive took me to KDE(default GUI) in about a minute & a half approximately.But there was one simple problem.The default language with which the CD boots is not English :-P

This is easily solved by issuing knoppix lang=us at the boot: prompt.

I dont see any other advantage than the vanilla Knoppix LiveCD except that this one boots faster.So if you got no patience & feel that wasting 2-5 minutes could get you killed then this one should suit your taste :-P

The ISO image is 692.49MB in size & can be downloaded from here
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment